So this weekend was wonderful -- as part of my birthday present, Cory got us tickets to go see Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Gary Allan, etc. at Williams Brice... so we went down to Cola for the weekend... did the 5 Points thing on Friday then tailgated all day Saturday. AND Tyner and Zeke came and played with us the whoooooooole weekend. It made me incredibly happy. The weekend was hands down amazing.
Columbia is so different than Greenville, though -- I know it's not that far away, but the big-school / small-school differences are huge. A lot more emphasis on parties and drinking, tanning beds and makeup... I missed my chaco-sporting FU hippies ;).
We had a ball, though -- a little insanity here and there, topped off with some obnoxious texts and annoying drunk people... but that's to be expected, I suppose. I don't know, maybe I have trust issues, maybe I'm a bit OCD. I just have these rules for social behavior.. things to do and not to do. I thought they were common sense... but maybe they're not.
CS Lewis talks about the common social rules we all have in the beginning of Mere Christianity... I just wonder some times if people lack the social common sense to discern them, you know? I'm not saying I'm perfect by any stretch of the imagination -- I'm awkward as anything. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the way people treat each other. Respecting the lives people live and the choices they make has become so important to me.
I'm not making any sense... so I'll just post more pics :)
No comments:
Post a Comment