I'm going to not think about the ridiculous amount of work left and focus on the basic issue here: we're almost seniors. We're almost "almost" done.
In two weeks, I am moving to Nashville. What?! I'm really excited, but I'm so far from ready. I still have a ton of internship work to do -- an entire 60 hour project to put together, really -- a speech, a huge test, two finals... not to mention Cory is buying a house on Friday, I'm packing everything up, I'm saying goodbye to my kiddos...
Oh, I don't want to think about that.
Beach weekend was really fun, though -- quite crazy, but quite fun. At one point, I convinced a few people to run around under a sheet and pretend to be ghosts... and every time the sheet passed me from then on out, a different set of people was hiding under it. Quite amusing, actually.
My heart was happy though -- I knew a lot of people there, but I was able to float from one group to another, catching up with lots of people.
The beach itself was just so wonderful, too... I'm going to miss Charleston beachy-ness this summer. The whole sand-between-the-toes, jamming out to Kenny Chesney, fruity drink in hand thing really makes my heart ache.
This summer will be really good for me, though. I think that last summer I was kind of running away from everything -- I was going somewhere fantastic, but I had good reason to go. This summer will be so different. I want to be at camp more than anything -- the campers, my Furman buddies working there, Cory... but I'm going to Nashville so that I can grow and discern what I want to do with my life. The experience will be so different than what I have done in the past... but it will be really great. Good heart-stretching.
Speaking of heart-stretching... I need to go to bed so I can be chipper for my kiddos in the morning. I can't believe I'm leaving them soon... I'm not ready at all. They've changed my perspective on so many things, they've become such an integral part of my life. Part of me is very seriously considering trying to go back next year, but I know it will be hard. I'm taking a class that will require some field work with kiddos with disabilities, so I may actually end up with a small internship at the center next door to the place I'm working at now. The kids use the same playground, so perhaps I'll get to visit some :)
Next year will be so different.
Today was filled with good news, though. I got a really good grade on my biopsych test, managed to pull off a decent pursuasive speech the day after beach weekend, and received confirmation a fellowship to TA next spring... all great experiences I'm really excited about. And this weekend will be great -- formal time! I have a hot, short-but-classy champagne dress... I'm exited about it. And Friday we're going tubing down the Saluda River...
This year is just flying by...
No comments:
Post a Comment