Today has been a good day.
I decided to go on a little adventure today.. so I rolled out of bed, googleearthed the closest coffee shop I could find, threw on my tennis shoes, and headed off to find it... I'm just sick of driving and sitting in traffic and getting lost, so I figured I'd get some endorphins going as I strolled ;)
The walk took me through the cute little neighborhoods around the area -- lots of big, old houses and beautiful trees. Young families out for their Saturday afternoon strolls... it was cute. The shop was about 20-25 minutes... it was so nice, just sitting inside and browsing through the papers..
Came back, finished watching Hairspray (my new roomie has been sooo nice and let me look through her crazy fun collection of movies) while I got ready... I've just been tying up odds and ends all day. Tonight is Al time.. which I'm soooo excited about. First of many adventures, I'm sure :)
Biggest challenge will be getting through the next few days before my fellowship check comes in... I'm broke and in a very strange place. After I get the check, everything will be *much* better... and I have a stellar nanny job lined up for the fall. Just another week or so of ridiculous broke-ness ;)
I've been kind of realizing that this summer is going to be big faith-wise, too... I've been really slack lately, and I'm slowly figuring everything out. It's been a strange year, though... I'm changing a lot, I suppose. I'm going to start with a few good books...
Bridezilla, btw? Hilarious. I've been watching some quality WE lately... sixteen candles was on last night (so cute)...
It's funny, though. I thought I was going to be super stressed about leaving Cory and camp this summer... but I've felt more strength from his support-from-afar than I could have ever imagined. I'm sad I'm missing his move into the new house, but this summer will be great for us. We've been spoiled with all the fun we have together... I do miss him though :)
Okay, off to get stuff done .. it was supposed to thunder today, but it really hasn't been raining at all... (shouldve gone to the pool)... so I don't have an excuse not to clean my extremely disgusting car.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment