Monday, October 27, 2008

break up songs :)

These songs are -- hands down -- some of the most beautiful break-up songs I've ever heard. I like to sing them while I drive down the interstate in the rain, particularly.

I don't know why I like sad love songs so much. I hate sad movies... and sad death-related songs. But I like sad love songs... maybe they help me appreciate the wonderful love I've got in my life. And how sad I would be if I lost it. Or maybe they just remind me of the beautiful joy that can come from horrible pain.

I just think they're beautiful.


Blake Shelton: She Wouldn't be Gone

Red roadside wild flower,
if I'd only picked you,
took you home and set you on the counter,
oh at least a time or two,
maybe she'd have thought it through.
Yellow sunset dippin in the rearview,
oh how she loved to sit and watch you,
I could have done that a whole lot more.

If I hadn't been so stubborn,
been so selfish,
thought about her more,
thought about me less.
Joked to make her happy,
held her when she cried,
a little more of that, maybe i..

Wouldnt be drivin like hell,
flyin like crazy down the highway,
callin everyone we know,
stoppin any place she might be,
goin anywhere she might go.
Beatin on the dash,
screamin out her name at the windshield,
tears soakin up my face.
if I'd have loved her this much all along,
maybe, maybe, yeah maybe,
she wouldn't be gone.

She warned me it was comin,
said if I didn't change she'd be leavin.
I just didn't believe
she'd ever really walk out.
God I believe her now.
Called her momma,
cried like a baby to her best friend,
if they've seen her they ain't sayin,
they ain't sayin.
Now I'm cursin like a fool,
prayin it ain't too late,
all i wanna do is fix my mistakes.
Find her, beg her, for one more try,
untill then damnit I'll..

Be drivin like hell,
flyin like crazy down the highway,
callin everyone we know,
stoppin any place she might be,
goin anywhere she might go.
Beatin on the dash,
screamin out her name at the windshield,
tears soakin up my face.
If I'd have loved her this much all along,
maybe, maybe, yeah maybe,
she wouldn't be gone.

I wouldnt be beatin on the dash,
screamin out her name at the windshield,
tears soakin up my face.
if I'd have loved her this much all along,
maybe, maybe, yeah maybe,
she wouldn't be gone.

Red roadside wild flower,
if I'd only picked you,
took you home and set you on the counter,
oh at least a time or two,
maybe she'd have thought it through.

-------

More than a Memory


People say she's only in my head
Its gonna take time but I'll forget
They say I need to get on with my life
But they don't realize

Is when your dialing 6 numbers just to hang up the phone.
Driving cross town just to see if she's home.
Waking a friend in the dead of night, just to hear 'em say it's gonna be alright.
When your finding things to do not to fall asleep cuz you know she'll be there in your dreams.
That's when she's more than a memory

Took a match to everything she ever wrote
Watched her words go up in smoke
Tore all the pictures off the wall
But that aint helping me at all.

Cuz when your talking out loud and nobody's there
You look like hell and you just don't care
Drinking more than you've ever drank
Sinking down lower than you've ever sank
When you find yourself falling down upon your knees, praying to God, begging him PLEASE
That's when she's more than a Memory

Cuz when your dialing her number just to hang up the phone
Driving cross town just to see if she's home
waking a friend in the dead of night, just to hear 'em say it's gonna be alright
When our finding things to do not to fall asleep cuz you know she's waiting in your dreams
That's when she's
More than a Memory

People say she's only in my head
Its gonna take time but I'll forget

No comments: