I'm sipping a glass of shiraz, watching wedding shows on my 12-channel TV, and cuddling with Molly.
Yep, I'm home :)
Break has been wonderful, but it feels really nice to be back in my apartment. It's my nook -- my little place away from stress and work and craziness -- it's me.
Cory and I looked at apartments the other day -- we're thinking about staying in the same complex but getting something a little bigger and nicer (because let's be honest -- we couldn't fit in my 600-something square foot oasis). I'm excited to live with him and start our married life, but I'm glad I had this year to myself. One little year of independence before the next phase :)
I have one week before classes start, so I decided to come home and get to work -- I want to knock out a few presentations and "to-do's" before classes set in. The first few weeks of school are generally pretty low key (at least they were last term), but I know this term is going to be WILD with weddings, conferences, showers, bachelorette parties, etc. I haven't cleaned out my binders from last term (or filed any of my papers, etc..), my room is a wreck, and I want to get a few more wedding things done.
Then.. bring it on, 2010.
Last year was incredible -- during 2009, got engaged to the most wonderful man in the world, graduated college, had a wonderful summer at camp, started my phd, got my first puppy...
It's been an amazing year :)... but 2010 has even more to offer. Like.. MARRIAGE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment