Thursday, January 14, 2010

school days, school days...

Finally got our newspaper announcements in (yeah.. a little late..).. and it was SO fun to look through all of the engagement pictures again! I found even more on Stephen's web site that I fell in love with. I don't usually get into smoochy pictures, but the one on the next post makes me smile every time I look at it.

... smiles are particularly helpful this week. School is crazy!

First week of classes, and my calendar is already FULL. Conferences, tastings, weddings, showers, teaching, maybe eye surgery?, gown fittings, exams... the list goes on and on! It's busy, but this term -- it's things I really love. I spent so much time last term getting settled... and this term, I'm getting settled in a different way. Love, family, and research. Good things for me to settle into.

I'm moving into the lab.. as evidenced by the installation of The Tea Kettle (roommates will appreciate the gravity of moving my electric kettle from home to work -- big stuff). One of my Furman mentors told me I would feel just as comfortable at USC by the end of this year as I felt at Furman by the end of senior year. I thought he was crazy.

As always, Brewer was right.

Sorry for the boring post, but I need to get back to work -- Co and I have marriage school this weekend, followed by a doctors appointment and a gown fitting -- so school work really needs to get done.. now.

.. although I would much rather sew runners for the wedding reception! OR anything other than bivariate regression, really...

No comments: