Wednesday, September 17, 2008

another reason to smile...

I got back exhausted tonight. After my last post, I booked it until class, then rushed to work, prepped for my interview while nannying, rushed to class, then buckled down for hours and hours in the library finishing off my grad school stuff for the night.

After gashing open my heel, lugging another stack of thesis books back to my car, and realizing I had picked all of the cookie dough pieces out of my frozen yogurt, I was dreading checking my email.

However.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very quick, positive response to an e-mail I sent out an hour ago about another grad program... promising another more thorough response, but saying he wanted to write back quickly because I seemed to be just what the program was looking for.

:)

This process is insane. BUT... I am done with my first round of e-mails. I am on schedule. And the whole researching professors thing is actually kind of thrilling (I'm a nerd. I want to keep going to school forever.) And God is kind enough to offer me occasional, undeserved, positive reinforcement.

After a hard day's work, it's nice to be reminded that it will all be worth it.

Thanks, Dude.

No comments: