Last night was wonderful, but I slept terribly. I woke up every hour or so, in a complete panic that I was late for something. It all started by me half-sleepily-dreaming I fell down the stairs during an interview... that kind of half-dream that jolts you back to wakefulness, embarrassed and swearing that you actually broke your ankle in your sleep.
Sounds fun, huh?
Clearly, stress has gotten the best of me :). It's not bad stress, really.. just life stress. For example, a cold that I should have bounced back from in 2 days is still mildly lingering with me two weeks later. My to-do lists seem unmaneageable... a strange combination of pressing small things that I'm constantly forgetting and large life-changing things I can't even "to-do" yet, but know I will have to "to-do" in the near future. "Near" being completely a completely unknown length of time, of course.
It's also nowhere in my personality to spend 24-40 hours each week dressed in a suit trying to impress people. My interview yesterday (USC) went REALLY well... REALLY REALLY well... I'll know for sure by the 6th, but it's looking good. Which is fantastic, but instead of being super excited, I felt super overwhelmed. I'm realizing how weighty this decision really is... and how many factors are going to play in. Location, assistantships, research match, student comrodery, mentor personality, cost of living, practica, coursework balance, autism practicum oppourtunities... gah. No one school is absolutley perfect (of course), but I hate making the decision based on "cons." I know that the things I think are lacking now may manifest themselves differently later.
It's just a little scary.
I'm under a lot of pressure, and I think I need to just de-stress. My participant today canceled, which is bad for my future but great for right now. I need to clean my room and watch office re-runs. I need to sit and daydream for a few minutes about bridesmaid dresses (it's a weakness of mine.. I'm not engaged, don't worry) and plan out fun recipes for the week and be distracted from school (current and future) for a little bit. Isn't that what Saturdays are for?
So I will now paint my toenails pink, drink iced coffee, look up recipes, and watch TLC. And enjoy a Saturday.
mmhmm.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment