I've been up since 8am... slowly going through my to-do's and watching the beautiful snow melt :) There's something to be said for a snow day on a birthday... a special gift, indeed!
The last few weeks have been a whirlwind. I'm fully wrapped up in my future, but I'm still trying super hard to love on life in the present. So many exciting things are happening -- fun adventures with friends, everyone in life getting married, grad school offers (got into Carolina with a big ole' stipend! hooray!), participants, camp planning, and graduation on the horizon.
I've gone from feeling continuously overwhelmed to perpetually excited, which I think is a step in the right (or healthy, at least) direction. Life is slowly coming together, which I appreciate very much. I'm not a limbo type of girl.
It's still a bit weird, though -- having so many changes on the horizon. Grad school always seemed like a given for me -- I knew that the things I wanted to do with my life would require a doctorate, so there's never been a question that I would go eventually. Going right after Furman made sense -- I'm so excited to be tackling a new life and a new city, to spend more time studying the things I love and really trying to make a difference. I'm ready for a new adventure.
So that's a brief life update. As for today... for my birthday, I would like middle school students to sign up for my study. And a bazillion more snow days. Wouldn't that be nice ;)
Thanks for all the sweet wishes!!
1 comment:
I got snow on my birthday one year when I still lived in New York... it was less exciting though as it was May 5th. haha
Congrats again on USC! :)
Post a Comment