Camp is hardcore.
Today was good -- woke up from nap and Ragamuffin was in the cabin. Mind you, Ragamuffin wasn't a camper this week... she just came by to visit, but by the time she left she had gotten in the shower and sprayed me with the nozzle thing, pulled me over a wheelchair in the canteen making me bust in front of everyone, practically drowned me in a bus, and as a grand finale.... locked herself in a schoolbus and laid on the horn.
I miss that girl.
It was like Christmas morning waking up from naptime with her here... and she didn't want to leave, which reminded me what a little TLC can do for a camper.
So I was with some of the more inactive campers today... aka a day in the craft building. I love that stuff, though... so I took them through the closet and founds some clothespins and googly eyes and pipe cleaners and we made "love bugs"... then we did little decorative plaques and made monster puppets out of wooden spools. So no one just sat there.. everyone was engaged and happy and working on their dexterity. Even if they weren't moving their bodies much, they were workin those minds :)
One of our campers who I didn't think would be too interested ended up making some really beautiful work.. she just kept coloring little pieces of wood and gluing them to other pieces of wood until she had made something really incredible. There's a method to her madenss, for sure...
We took some of the campers up to the big waterfall and "Cory's wife" was with us and a spider was next to her so we told her to watch out, and she looked at it and just said "Oh, he won't bother me. I'll mess that thing up."
Menacing, I say.
So yes, wonderful day. Lord, help me to bear crosses like gifts -- with joy, love, patience, and purdence. May I seek to unite my heart with Yours so that I can live a fruitful and virtuous life!
No comments:
Post a Comment