Every time I come home, I feel like I'm on vacation. Granted, I'm not... I'm teaching a class on Monday, have a huge test due Tuesday, a big/important class on Wednesday, and a huge meeting Thursday... but when I'm home, I can work at my own pace.
It's nice.
I think I relax because home is actually crazier than I am. I woke up this morning and found out Boomer has a new thing for gum. In the middle of the night, he apparently went into someone's bag and stole an entire pack of orbit. He then went around the house leaving a trail of wrappers as he went through each piece. We found an empty, chewed up box and silver wrappers under the dining room table this morning.
Thief.
But seriously... whose dog chews gum? And he still makes these strange noises (ever since we got a bark collar, he's learned what other creative/obnoxious noises he can make to not set it off but still get his point across)... and guards his crate when he thinks someone might shut the door (autism?), and all sorts of other strange things...
::phew::
Yep, I love being home.
The reason I'm home is extra exciting -- we're celebrating Hannah's birthday! I'm not sure exactly what the festivities entail, but I know we're going to the Havenots tonight (which is always amazingly fun... great improv group!) and going out downtown tomorrow night. I love being a tourist in my own city, too... I turned 21 after I went to college, so its nice to be able to actually go out on adventures now.
So many adventures these days...
The interview at UGA was incredible. I've got three more on the radar right now and three schools that I haven't heard good or bad from. 4/4 ain't too shabby, so I'm excited that my hard work is paying off. I'll be even more excited if someone takes me :)
Okay, off to shower and get ready for my day (at 11:30. nice.). Lunch with mom, then downtown with the girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment