I like my new routine of sitting down with a beer at the end of the day and playing around on the computer. I like this 9-5 thing. I like not having homework.
I actually like Nashville.
I realized I'm feeling kind of like I did last summer at camp when I didn't really know anyone... which is okay. Things are just.. new. Soon they'll become familiar, and maybe eventually comfortable. But with "new" comes "exciting"... and I like excitement.
Work today was great; I had the whole day to look over the tests that we use and get settled in... tomorrow I start training for coding so I can be more useful :). I walked around on my lunch break; my office is right by a lot of restaurants and shopping, so there's plenty to do and see. I thought I had to work tonight but I got the dates messed up.. so I came home and read Mere Christianity by the pool instead. It was a lovely, relaxing day.
I like this independence, too. I know I'll get sick of it by the end of the summer, but for now, it's really nice to be able to relax and read and think. I'm looking forward to making new friends and spending time with the old, but there's something refreshing about spending time with myself. I haven't done that in awhile. I want to go to a park, so I go to a park. I want to walk to see what's around the corner, I explore around the corner. I want to nap by the pool, I nap. I do what I want. Ha.
Calls from Cory are so nice, too... they make me miss him (and camp) dearly, but I love the fact that this summer isn't a big ordeal for us. We're still dating, we're still in love... we're just in two different time zones. And by the end of the summer, we'll have memories apart and memories together. We'll have grown, and because of that growth, we'll have more to offer each other. I've never felt this confident or happy in a relationship before. I'm realizing how lucky I am.
No drama. It's beautiful.
Mind you, there is still drama in other areas or life -- point-in-case, Tri Delta accreditation. More nightmares today, of course, but I've just started to realize that there is absolutely nothing I can do about some things. The ironic part of this process is that my name goes on the last VPA's work, and someone else's name will go on my work. I'm taking this whole nightmare as a large, heaping dose of humility.. and I'm moving on :). It'll get done.
I wrote a post-it to myself today: "If there's nothing you can do, there's nothing you can do." I've decided that I am going to learn how to manage stress better this summer. I've gotten a lot better this past year, but I'd really like to be more laid-back about things. It'd be better for my cortisol levels :).
Worry stinks.
I need a good book for the summer, too... something light and fun. I want to bring a big blanket to the park (not the park with the crazies... a park downtown) and sip a big iced coffee and read :). I want to pretend I'm a city girl.
... gnite ...
No comments:
Post a Comment