Monday, June 9, 2008

ps we got attacked by a vicious coyote

I just realized that I have not blogged about Al and my Friday night adventure.

Short story: we were chatting it up in their hot tub when we heard a really strange noise -- kind of like a baby crying -- coming out of the woods. They have a fence surrounding the property because of coyotes and such, so we weren't really worried... but it was dark, so we couldn't see anything.

Suddenly, CRASH!... something hits the fence.

And it didn't stop. It was like something out of Jurassic Park -- CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!

Al and I were freaking out... I swivveled around the side of the hot tub so that I was sitting by her... and just as I moved, we heard a final CRASH -- and saw something scale the fence.

It was in the yard.

So we jumped out of the hot tub and into the pool below -- hoping to scare it off. But the crashing continued -- this time from the inside of the fence (the animal was trying to get out)...

We were so freakin' terrified.

After awhile, we sent Loca out to find the creature. Mind you, Loca is a mini-pug. A very ugly, very stupid, mini-pug. So she barked -- and barked -- and barked.

Suddenly the barking stopped. And the crashing stopped. And we heard the bushes rustling. And it was dark. We thought it ate Loca.

Eventually Loca came back (thank God), and we didn't hear the animal anymore. We're assuming it jumped back over the fence... but just be sure, we threw some mulch at the trees (we were pretty brave).

Basically, we almost got attacked by a vicious coyote.

Thought I'd share :)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

loved the story. btw, i'm tagging you to complete a blog list! read my blog to see the details.