Friday, August 8, 2008

beaches and bocci and friends...

I am finally home.

These last few days in Charleston have flown by... and now seem to be a fuzzy series of ridiculous fun with my family and Cory's family and some long-missed friends.

Charleston never felt so good.

Cory and I got in on Wednesday afternoon and went out to dinner with my parents. It's always funny hearing my parents interact... they do those cute one sided conversations back and forth..

"Pete, where's the computer cord?"
--- "Dinner was good tonight."
"I know I saw it around here somewhere"
--- "I think I'll make coffee."

And mom has started listening to Coldplay, which I find funny. They play it in Yoga, so it's the cool thing to do, I suppose. She's hilarious.... I never know what the new adventure is going to be around here.

The boys are big and crazy. Nolan is in California with our cousins for a few weeks, but it's been really nice to hanker down and spend time with Pat and Eric without all the chaos. And Cory fits right in... it's quite funny. He's a good sport, too.

Mom: "You know, Bridgette... we need to have another family reunion soon. The family is just waiting for a wedding..."

Right.

So after dinner, Cory and I went to see our first movie together ever (isn't that strange??)... Stepbrothers. Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Fun, too.. doing the date-y thing. We split a Chick-fil-a milkshake and switched seats 3 times to find the "perfect angle" to watch Will Ferrel make a fool out of himself without shame... nice night :)

Thursday the families came in town, so we spent the day playing on the beach with the Tonnsens and Cam. I parked my chair in the water, closed my eyes, and just enjoyed the feel of the ocean as the waves came in and out around me while the boys played Bocci. It was so beautiful... I always love the beach, but there's something about that "first trip" after a long haul that is extra special :)

Last night, Cory's family came over and we had the first ever Tonnsen-Kelleher dinner... lots of wine and shrimp and blueberry pie... and the families mingled great :). We are both so blessed to have such strong supports... our parents amaze me. Cory, Peanut and I went out to Red's afterwards.. I love sitting quasi-outside and drinking beer and being near the marina. Charleston at it's best :)

Today was shopping day... did the downtown thing, hung out with Cory's mom while Cory, Peanut, and our dads went golfing. Fun retail therapy :)

I'm so tired but so happy. This weekend has been incredible. Tonight is my first night out in Charleston (other than a bachelorette party) since I turned 21. I'm excited :)

Sorry for the laundry list, I just haven't had time to think... that's what next week is for ;)

No comments: