Today was a long day, I suppose. It feels like two different days, I think... I had a mid-day restart, and I'm kind of in a funk as a result. Good day.. long day, but good day. Full of new adventures.
I did yoga today. Bought a new mat (my too-cool mom stole my old one, I think), downloaded some pose sequences, and cranked Coldplay. The sequences weren't really tricky -- I'm used to fat burning yoga, which is much more intense -- but the whole thing was nice and relaxing. Getting my mind and body in sync just makes me calm down a little... and it's a 20-minute program, so I could definitely do it in the mornings and then run or something at night.
I am looking forward to exercising more. I found my "couch to 5k" plan from the spring and got a little glow inside -- I don't know if I ever actually ran a 5k, but I stuck to my goal and started running... and have continued to go back to it. I actually changed my bad habit of getting grumpy and not doing anything about feeling lazy. Good feeling.
Nannying today went really well. I brought her a tiarra I had in my apartment and decided I didn't need anymore (I've grown out of it) and stuck it on her head when I picked her up from school. For the rest of the day, she was Princess Macy. We talked in British accents. And played mermaids at the pool.
It's kind of fun having a "little sister." Mom and dad would never get me one for Christmas... so 15 years later, I win.
OStaff stuff has been fun. The group is just really great this year -- occasionally a little long winded, but really wonderful anyway. We went to Tommy's for lunch and had pizza for dinner. We eat super healthy, let me tell you.
Best part? OStaff dance party. We had to pick our theme song.. we dance out to it for a skit and play it continuously throughout the week. To choose, we blacked out the movie theater and put on the fun lights and crowded on stage and boogied like crazy people. As always, I was caught up on the summer's "cool jams" and sweet moves. This week brings out my zany side a bit... I feel like a freshman again.
Hardest part... Transitions skit. We perform this serious skit based on a party that gets a little out of control... scenes involving binge drinking, cheating, rape, innerracial dating, homosexuality, bigotry... every year, some scene strikes me a little differently. Now that I'm a senior, I'm surprised to see how many of the scenes have touched my life over the last few years... I don't have a super dramatic life or super dramatic friends (anymore), so it scares me to think how much more goes on that I'm sure I would believe.
I play Natasha in the skit -- the innerracial dater (John and I are working on our chemistry haha) and the best friend of the girl who gets raped. It's hard to think about how often these scenes -- which tend to be really uncomfortable for us to even act out -- become a reality for college freshmen. For women in particular. Rape is scary. And real. And it breaks my heart.
::sigh::
Tomorrow will (hopefully) be really productive.. the plan is to wake up really early so I can do my yoga and get some stuff done.. once the freshies get here on Friday, I know I'll be swamped until classes start on Wednesday. So if I get really motivated, I'll get to the library to work on some grad school things and order my books before Ostaff at 11:30, work at 3, Ostaff at 6:15, and visitors / roommate in the evening.
I'm sleepy. Gnite.
No comments:
Post a Comment