Monday, August 11, 2008

popsicles, family, olympicfobia

I have been making popsicles for the last two days.

Maybe I miss Nashville, maybe it's just a strange crafty obsession... but I've been looking up recipes, making healthy substitutions, and trying the bad boys out. Almost an entire pack of solo-shot glasses later... I have begun my dream of recreating Las Paletas in my kitchen :)

Caliente Dark Chocolate pops, Lime-Mint-Grape pops, and ... drumroll, please... attempt #1 at recreating the incredible Grapefruit pop. They're turning out pretty yummy, and my family isn't complaining... fun, healthy cooking hobby on my week off ;)

Shopped today with mom, dealt with endless family crises as our rebel-child continues barreling through his teenage years... another productive day at the Kellehers. Mom, Pat, and I had lunch, which was wonderful. He's grown up soo much.. and we actually process things very similarly. I can see a lot of my dad in him. It's great.

Kelleher family problem: Boomer is afraid of the Olympics. He doesn't like mom getting upset... and her suppressed inner cheerleader comes out (especially during gymnastics), which riles Boomer up and makes him start barking at the darkness outside, just in case the evil gymnast is coming to get us. There's no calming him down, either... it's ridiculous. Mom had to give him benedryl to calm him down last night. Nothing seems to be working tonight.

Awesome.

I love being home. Everyone is changing and growing up, and it's fun watching my parents weather the storm. It's wild... and I love it :)

No comments: