I have learned many, many things about my family over the last few days.
My parents have decided that my intended profession as a psychologist bodes well for my future position as "ringleader" of the Kelleher clan. They have told me that they sleep well at night knowing that I will outlive them as "brother-watcher". Talk about pressure.
Pat, Eric, and I went out to dinner tonight for "sibling bonding." Pat and I are the same person. He may be and emo-surfer and I may be a Furman artsy free spirit, but we are the same person.
Eric once left his number for a waitress by writing it in soy sauce on the table. The waitress called him the next day. He is also a valued customer at the Huka (sp?) bar downtown. He gets 10% off because he can blow big smoke bubbles. Eric is 17.
I have also learned that cantaloupe popsicles are disgusting. I tried to recreate the Las Paletas pops, but I failed miserably. Mom politely asked if she could throw hers out without offending me. I had already pitched mine.
:(
So far, caliente dark chocolate is the winner. I'm about to work on watermelon :). I have high hopes. Very high hopes.
Mom went to senior citizen yoga today because the time worked better than any other class. She came home complaining that her classmates talked too much about their hip problems. But she liked the change of pace and plans to return.
Mom and a dozen old ladies doing yoga to Coldplay. Good image.
Back to the Olympics :)
No comments:
Post a Comment