Friday, June 8, 2007

aah!


So my heart is happy. Very, very happy.

I'm where I'm supposed to be.

I'll write more soon, but I just wanted to send out there that I made it through week one happily and safely. I grew a little bit each day, met some incredible people, learned some sweet skills, and played like I was a kid again. It's going to be a challenging summer, but it will be amazing. I'm sure of it.

Some things I accomplished:

- figured out how to tighten chacos... finally
- realized i can, in fact, fit my entire life in a laundry basket and a duffel bag for 9 weeks
- learned you can actually be BORN and raised at bob jones
- built a dam
- learned that lighter fluid should never go on one's behind.. nor should it be lit
- saw the largest frog EVER
- played in water with poisonous snakes
- learned to SHAG!!
- found the perfect waterfall for "me time"
- skipped my first rock... after a lot of practice
- line danced (with a grumpy partner lol)
- took on two bob jonesians in a theological debate about Catholicism.. by myself
- got licked by a horse
- experienced the joy of 240 muffins
- learned how to restrain a crazy person.. by learning on a crazy person
- started an amazing new book... Glass Castle
- learned that Chuck can accurately time ANYTHING
- made our cabin into Luau-Land
- realized i really don't need a lot to be happy
- had my first trip to Pretty Place.... incredible. esp. at night!
- planned adventures for the homeless club :)
- had an amaaaaaaaazing training week!

More later... I'm off to Asheville to visit miss Jessie until open house on Sunday! I'm sure we'll have some processing time together later, so I'll probably write then! Keep me in your prayers!

No comments: