So I'm home in Charleston.
Got home in 3 hrs. Probably not a good thing. Ride home was amazing.. got to think about this week and how amazing it was. And sing, and sing, and sing.
Whenever I got bored this week, I'd sing. It was nice.
Got home and Pat's teeth were on the coffee table, Boomer ignored me because he was mad I left... glad to know some things never change.
Fell asleep at 7pm. Woke up at 10am. Phew.
Beach today with the high school crew... should be fantastic. Get rid of this t-shirt tan.
I cried when Ragamuffin left yesterday... it was emotional. We got our camper list for next week... we have older women, which should be really interesting. We have a really cool camper with very involved needs, so working with her should be really challenging but good.
On the ride home I thought a lot about how rewarding camp is, and how frustrating that can be... there are so few things we can do where we love and aren't loved back. Maybe that's the purpose of all this counselor drama and the reason for broken hearts and the way that God can use misery in our lives... those crosses are our only opportunity to love without reward. Maybe that's why they're so important.
On that note, I'm off to play with the high school crew :) Yay, Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment