6/12/2007
Day two of camp.
I feel like I'm spinning out a bit. I need some good food, a nice nap... but that's not really an option right now. Some of the counselors told me I looked tired. I'm going to go to bed :)
I'm learning a lot about what I need... and it's not much. But my lifestyle is backwards in so many ways... I don't need nice restaurants and elaborate parties with friends and (so much) coffee... but I do need sleep. And prayer. And inspiration. I learned a lot of that this year, but camp is hammering it in more. Sleep, Bridgette.
So rather than write a lot, I'm going to sleep. Today was so much fun, though... we went bowling, which was a hoot. On the bus one of the campers, who just happens to be an amazing singer and rapper and dancer, decided that white-girl Bridgette needed to learn how to dance. So we went over the motorcycle, and the side snap deals, and that sort of thing...
"Bridgette, I lock it, I pop it.. but instead of dropping it, I pick it up. I'm clean."
I love dancing with the campers.. every morning is a mini dance party in the activities building.. and it's such an easy way to reach out to people -- especially boys -- who don't seem to want to get involved. I went up to one camper who has trouble walking, asked him to dance, and he hurled his cane (nearly knocking out Andrew lol) and started to break it down. You never know what people are capable of until you let them show you. Not even ask... just let them show you.
So yeah, bed. In the words of one of our campers.. "Lord, haaaave mercy."
No comments:
Post a Comment