Saturday, June 16, 2007

the day i met the most amazing campers...

6/10/2007

So open house was amazing.

So many of the campers stood out... Ryan and I got to ride on the hayride all day with Corey, so we just got to sit there and talk with families and future campers.

"Hey. You're Eve."
-"What?!"
"I'm Adam. You're Eve." (leans in for kiss...)

"Are you new?"
-"Yep. You're going to have to show me the ropes."
"Well I just come to camp to flirt with girls."

Notice a trend?

We were hanging out by the stream thingie after the whole thing was over, and we noticed one of the camper workers hiding in the bushes. We'd shout his name, and his flashlight would go out. And he'd stand there until we started talking again, then he'd turn his flashlight back on. So finally one of the staff and I went charging into the bushes to tickle him. He waits up for us all to go to bed everynight... doesn't talk to the new counselors until he gets to know us... but anytime we're telling a funny story, he'll pick a random word from what we're saying and shout it and giggle. "CONVICT!" hahahaha... he's a lot of fun.

We got our list of campers for the first week... we only get their names, their ages, their supervision level, dietary needs, and bathing independence... the rest of it is up to us to discover.

I met one of our campers on the hayride... she's a hoot. She asked me if we had a stereo in the cabin so we could rock out to some jams.... told me she's into the "Old School" stuff like BSB and NSync... she should be a lot of fun. This whole thing just seems like a lot of fun. I know it will be hard, but it's so rewarding... and the campers aren't even here yet.

So that's where I am right now.. nervous, but excited. I'm just ready for them to get here.

No comments: