Friday, June 1, 2007

but i don't wanna...

So packing was daunting, yes. But unpacking and then repacking in 3 days?

Terrifying.

I made lists of what to bring to camp, but who knows what will end up in that car. I've never lived out of a car before. Parsimony and frugality... themes of my summer. I'm broke and I'm homeless three nights a week. Sweet :).

I decided today that my goal is to take each of my brothers on a sissy-date before I leave Monday morning... they grow up too fast, and I hate not seeing them as much anymore. I was thinking a movie and gelato with Nolan (12 years old), something outdorsey and crazy with Eric (16 years old)... maybe try to go parasailing?, and Waffle House with Pat (18 years old)... because all he really likes to do is eat WaHo.

No, seriously. He had his Sweet 16 there. My mom made a cake in the shape of WaHo and they took a picture and put it on the wall in the "restaurant." It's ridiculous. It was the first b-day party they'd ever had there... and my brothers friends always get each other gag gifts from Goodwill for birthdays (a wheelchair was gifted once... old NSync CDs... broken lamps...), so I'm sure that added to it even more.

My family is ridiculous.

It's so good to be home, though. I've loved having a kitchen (stole Tyner's idea and made a baked stuffed tomato for linner today... so yummy!), spending time with my insane (and partially doped up) mother, and cuddling with Boomer.

Who, by the way, missed his hair appointment because he wasn't updated on his rabies vaccine. Rabid beast, that one.

Ooh. Okay. So I got chacos today because I've wanted them foreverrrr and I know I'll use them like crazy at camp. And they make me happy. And they're really comfy. And they're blue and green. And I feel like a hippie when I wear them.

Oh, I miss Jessie.

I miss everyone, actually. It's not to that heart-wrenching yearning stage yet (hehe), but it's weird going from living with three of my best girlfriends to living with three stinky teenage boys. I'm so outnumbered. I think my brothers mellow me out, though -- they keep me from getting too uptight. Embracing the insanity is essential for surviving around here...

Speaking of insanity, I must unpack and repack my room now... or I'll be up foreeever on Sunday night trying to get it done after all of the graduation parties. Bah.

Oh, and PS... pray for Blake. He's dying from mono (not really dying persay.. but really really really sick..)... it went around Furman like crazy this term, and one of the guys in his frat had it and drank out of a cup that everyone passed around not knowing he had it.. and yeah, I think four guys got it? It's really bad.

Okay, yes. Packing. Go.

No comments: