Tuesday, December 4, 2007

when one door closes...

So I just found out that tomorrow morning is going to be my last day at Hope Academy. And rather than write this little paper I've got due tomorrow or stress over the ridiculous amount of stuff I suddenly have due... I'm going to think. Sit and think and write. And it will be beautiful :)

Today was really good -- I blogged earlier about John, but other than that it's been steady and productive. I cleaned, which was big -- and I cooked succesfully. Baked eggplant and orzo... got the eggplant recipie, then improvized with orzo and spices. It was really fun :)

Tridelt stuff is a little insane -- it's getting to be crunch time, so it's been busy.. but I think the bulk of it is done. I just need to mail thank you notes and work on some behind the scenes stuff.. it should be really good?

I freaked out today, too.. which I feel like I've done a lot lately. Not bad freak outs -- just productive freak outs.. when the world stops moving, I get dizzy if that makes any sense. But a wonderful old friend called today at the perfect time -- I needed to talk to someone from home. And it was lovely -- so lovely. And inspiring.. gosh, just to know someone with a similar spirit struggles like I do... it's easy to think we're alone sometimes, but we're not. We're so not.

And we talked about God. And chastity and love and spirituality and friendship and Mary. And every ounce of the conversation lifted my spirit a little more until I was high enough to get my feet under me. Now I just have to figure out where to walk :)

So part of me longs for Christmas -- the break is going to be incredible, and I'm working a lot during exams (they scheduled me for 24 hours! yikes!), so I don't feel so pressured to waitress or anything while I'm home. Not to say I won't -- the $14 an hour is tempting when you're stretching for gas money, but I just want to .. dance? Sorry, little joke from earlier. I do want to dance, just not in a white dress right now. I like rain too much.

we're still waiting.. waiting on the world to change..

so i should probably go write a paper, but i've got some lyrics going through my head.. so i'm going to get them down first.



Stay right where you are
I like it this way
It's good for my heart
I haven't felt like this
In God knows how long
I know everything's gonna be okay
If you just stay gone

Jimmy Wayne . Stay

No comments: