Wednesday, July 2, 2008

okay, God.. I get it.

Dear God,

I understand we've been on odd terms lately, and I have been spending more time than usual indulging in frivolous pleasures. AND I've been a tad annoyed that the Church's Rules and Regulations have sought to stand in my way. And while I'm not quite done hashing this whole ordeal out with you, I would like to apologize for one of my many oversights

I now understand that You are trying to protect my heart by keeping me from making decisions I might regret, decisions that may stand between living a fruitful and purposeful life. I get it. I get that rules help hold a society together, but they also hold our hearts together.

I understand the rules protect our hearts by keeping our souls open and pure; we don't deal with the guilt and shame that makes us want to stuff our sorry True Selves in suitcases or sneak them through dark alleyways. Our hearts endure less wear and tear. We have more energy, strength, and love to deal with things other than ourselves. Important Things.

In conclusion, I would like to thank You for kindly pointing these oversights out to me via current life events. If you wouldn't mind helping me through the process of working through the consequences of my ignorance, I would really appreciate it. Maybe we can work some other things out in the process.

Thanks for being there, even when I pretend you're not.

I love you,

Birdy


No comments: