I think I need a vacation.
It's just that point in the summer where I am totally zonked... I haven't had a weekday off since Easter? I think? Or maybe study day during exams.... but I don't think studying and packing really counts :)
Work is going well, but we have four assessments this week (some lasting over 5 hours), so it's a lot. And we had the cutest kiddo come in today, but he was sleepy and yawned through half of the assessments, and even though kids with ASD don't "catch" yawns, I do. So I got back to my office, locked the door, and took a 20 minute nap on my desk :)
Oh, and another girl at work got engaged. This summer is very.. wedding-y.
Last night was quite fun; Al came over and we caught up and watched wedding shows with Gill and made pink strawberry cookies. The days just feel too short... wake up, shower, work, run errands, make dinner/maybe see someone, try to get something done at the apt, sleep... start over. I'm looking forward to going back to school schedule.
Today's errand? Getting my hair done. I'm so excited...
I can't believe this summer is really winding down. I decided not to go to Tahoe... it's just too much traveling, and I wouldn't be able to spend time with Pat or Eric or Dad (whom I haven't seen since... Easter.)
So now... Jessie is coming this weekend (18-20), and next week is my last week at TRIAD. Hopefully I will finish all of my grad school contact e-mails before Kyle gets in town that weekend; I would LOVE to have everything done before I leave! Kyle's flight leaves Monday night (28), and I'll leave for camp straight from the airport. I will volunteer at camp Tuesday-Friday (29-8/1), and stay in Greenville for a few days afterwards, maybe stop by a Child's Haven and see about finishing up my internship project (yep, still not done). I'll go home some time early-ish that week, then Cory's family is coming to Charleston for a few days (and Cory and I might leave and go to Myrtle to hear Lee Brice). Lo and behold, I have NOTHING the week of August 11th... and I move into FU on August 17th.. and promptly leave for the OStaff Retreat (18-19) and get back in time to start work on the 19th. Then let the O-Week/nannying madness begin...
This term is just going to be wonderful. I'm excited about my classes -- I'm taking learning, education for students with disabilities (with a field placement component in a special education class), statistics, and anthropology of religion. Not to shabby, right? And my days start pretty late, so I have time to work in a school one morning and back at Child's Haven another morning. AND still have time to nanny four days a week. Weekend programs are going to start back up, football season is coming, Cory's house is beautiful, I get my kitchen stuff back...
I'm ready :)
No comments:
Post a Comment