Running tonight was surreal. I've been struggling with motivating myself to do the things I want to do; habit has gotten the best of me, and I've gotten off of my exercise routine that kept me sane through the spring. So tonight, I felt lazy... but instead of moping about it, I tossed in a load of laundry, threw on my tennis shoes, and took off.
The run was beautiful... the sun was setting, the warm air was tickled with raindrops... running over the interstate is my favorite part. I live outside the city, right over the first intersection of 440... but I can cut through neighborhoods and get to Vandy without touching traffic. To get there, I run on a quiet overpass that runs through a really beautiful neighborhood... lots of cottage-style houses with willow trees and stone work... the overpass is this strange, sterile-but-beauitful view in the middle of the quiet neighborhood. Suddenly, cars are ripping under you and lights are everywhere... then back to the quiet houses and tree-shaded roads.
And the quiet rain made it even prettier :)
Sad news, I was in such a daze that I ended up missing Cory's phone call. It's been so nice appreciating his phone calls; I get giddy when I hear that stupid ring because I realize -- now that I'm 300 miles away -- that I'm really, really lucky to have someone so wonderful in my life (sorry, babe -- I know you read these silly posts and you'll probably be embarassed that I'm wallowing on... blame the accent). Not to say I didn't realize he was wonderful before, but distance intensifies it all... it makes everything a little more clear.
Okay, I have a lot to say tonight... but I have to be up early for an assessment. So in short, things are better. I was foggy the last few weeks, but things are better. Not a bad foggy... just a life-is-suddenly-very-different foggy. Moving to all these places, meeting all these people -- I miss a set life, you know? But somehow this nomad-wanderer thing has become me life... for the time being, anyway...
... and that's okay. "boo-mundane-Furman-life" Bridgette will be back soon enough :)
For now, let the adventures continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment