Thursday has come very quickly -- we have an afternoon of swimming and dinner prep ahead, then talent show... and tomorrow everyone goes home!
The staff is all at Pizza Inn right now celebrating with the camper workers, but I decided not to go... I want the counselors and CWs to celebrate their summer, and I haven't been there... as much as I wanted to be. And there's the neverending camp drama that I'd rather stay far, far away from. I told the CWs that they are going to celebrate their hard work, and I haven't been working hard enough :) Besides, I needed e-mail and coffee and a break from what has turned out to be quite an intense week at camp.
Watermelon had to go to the emergency room yesterday for stitches -- I went with. He was a trooper, but I can tell he's still in pain. I had busted on the sidewalk earlier (quite an impressive rasberry on my knee -- it's swolen and very yucky today), so I joked with him that he needed to stop trying to one-up me. It's getting dangerous ;)
Camp has been really good, though. I've got to spend a lot of time with the "fringe campers" -- the guys that come out and do their own thing, don't need a lot of one-on-one attention, who tend to lay low. It's been so good to catch up with old friends and make some new buddies, too. I just really love this place.
I can't wait to come back next summer :) Another good reason to go to grad school -- no summer job search (yet).
The switch from Nashville to camp has been really abrupt, and I'm still catching my breath. One day I'm in honkey-tonk bars, dancing with my lovely roommates to Dierks Bently and dealing with sketchy townies.. and now I'm in a cabin in the woods, adjusting to the (always dramatic) camp scene.
It's wonderful being around Cory, but we're not very PDAish -- especially at camp -- and we have each had a visit to the ER this week with campers, so we've been busy. So it's a big tease -- I get to see him, but we really haven't even caught up yet. This weekend will be really nice.
Unless he wears the shorts he wore yesterday. Jorts. Short (barely legal) jean shorts... pockets over the edge. Dealbreakers, really.
Okay, back to camp. Last night before life (sort of) gets back to normal!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment