Monday, July 7, 2008

somewhere in the middle

Car rides will do strange things to a person. Especially long ones... such as the now-all-too-familiar drive between Greenville and Nashville.

This weekend was wonderful... took off after work on Thursday for Greenville (again), and I got there right in time for the fire circle and talent show at camp (which was wonderful, as always). I miss it soo incredibly much, but I still think I'm doing what I need to be doing for the summer. Hopefully my career-minded planning will help me get into grad school... and a little reward would be that I could spend next summer at camp instead of looking for a job.

I realized somewhere in between Asheville and Knoxville that I really do have my heart set on grad school... a few schools in particular. I really, really want to go get my doctorate after Furman. I'm starting to think that maybe I've been "tricking" myself into not pursuing this thing full force.. just in case I don't get in, etc. It's stressful (a lot of these schools take 5-6 out of anywhere between 150 and 300 applicants), but it's what I really want to do. Having a plan is scary, though... if you don't have goals, you can't fail to reach them. I have goals now.

Yay, car ride musings.

This weekend was really wonderful, though -- I'll post more tomorrow (I am absolutely exhausted), but I went to camp on Thursday, hung out with Cory all day Friday, celebrated the 4th Greer style with Kevin and Stephanie, then my mom and Nolan came in town Saturday and today. Busy busy weekend... the driving just makes me even more tired... but all in all, wonderful. And I stopped in Asheville on the way back to have a quick catch up dinner date with Jessie, which was fantastic... I miss roomie :)

I miss everyone, actually.

Three more weeks... then I'll be spending a few days at camp!!!

But more about that later.. for now, bed. Hope everyone had a lovely 4th!

No comments: