Last full day of camp... it's a little scary. I'm not going to lie.. the summer has absolutely flown by.
I'm bittersweet about going back to Charleston... I know that I'll have fun, but I'm dreading high school drama and unfortunate run-ins. And my heart is going to ache for the campers, I just know it. And the counselors -- I'm used to seeing them every day. We've become like a family. And Crafty. What will I do without Crafty?
The last full day is done -- Mandy and Jessie came to visit, which was awesome. And I found Crafty writing a hilarious note to one of the couneslors who had tried to get her out of the craft building:
[counselor's name]:
Your behaviour was worse today.
Your camper,
Crafty.
It pretty much made my life complete. And my roommates got to meet my camp friends -- campers and counselors. Watermelon started pulling pictures of me out of his bag and showing them my number on his phone... they thought it was hilarious.
Our cabin did the Hand Jive from Grease in the talent show.. super cute. A good end to it all.
I learned a lot at camp this summer... did a lot this summer. I'm going to miss these girls, this place. I found a piece of myself here, for sure. A big piece.
I feel like a whole person again
By the end of the summer, the campers felt like family... the girls in my cabin my sisters. We fight like family, we love like family. More than I can really describe in words.
The Lord above created each and every one of us
We all have a place in His plan
Our time, our talent, our love, our gifts will keep our camp secure,
And with God's help, we shall endure
- The Camp Song
No comments:
Post a Comment