7/30/07
This weekend was incredible. Absolutely incredible. Such a good start up to the last week of camp.
Grilled out Friday, went out Saturday, hung out Sunday, woke up SUPER early to drive up to camp on Monday.
Sunday afternoon lunch was probably one of the most hilarious conversations I've ever heard. One of my counselor buddies is insisting that he's going to write a book entitled "The Diabetic Wants His Fruit Loops" filled with camp stories.. and we were discussing chapter titles.. and it was pretty much amazing.
Monday morning, Cory and I took one of my friends from home up to camp... super early to make it by 11. It was fun, though.
Our last "little taste of heaven" in Cabin 11 is a great group of girls.
One of our campers had a really long siezure Tuesday, which was a little scary. She's so sweet, though.. loves to swing and read, we've had a lot of good conversations over Winnie the Pooh.
We have a returning camper who brought her lists of boyfriends (again)... I swear, she's the smartest woman alive. All the guy counselors want to be a #1 on the list (she assigns everyone a 1-3), so she's got them wrapped around her finger.
"Is boyfriend Cam worried about my blood sugar?"
-"I'm sure boyfriend Cam is."
"What about boyfriend Andrew? Is he going to make me laugh later?"
- "I assume so."
"Yep. He's going to make me laugh." ::giggles::
Dear Crafty is back, amazing as ever. We're at the "yes, dear" stage... after living together for six weeks, we just throw pillows at each other to wake each other up.
"Crafty, it's time to wake up."
- "I know it, sweetheart."
Crafty: "You come here, young lady. I'm your camper, you need to listen."
She's a hoot. We fell asleep on the bus napping on each others' shoulders on the way back from horseback riding. I woke up to her nudging me and saying in her scruffy voice, "It's time to wake up, dear."
(at this point in my journal is a note from Crafty:)
Briegt:
I love you. Cabin eleven is the best. Play Grease. Come to Greer.
:)
This weekend was incredible. Absolutely incredible. Such a good start up to the last week of camp.
Grilled out Friday, went out Saturday, hung out Sunday, woke up SUPER early to drive up to camp on Monday.
Sunday afternoon lunch was probably one of the most hilarious conversations I've ever heard. One of my counselor buddies is insisting that he's going to write a book entitled "The Diabetic Wants His Fruit Loops" filled with camp stories.. and we were discussing chapter titles.. and it was pretty much amazing.
Monday morning, Cory and I took one of my friends from home up to camp... super early to make it by 11. It was fun, though.
Our last "little taste of heaven" in Cabin 11 is a great group of girls.
One of our campers had a really long siezure Tuesday, which was a little scary. She's so sweet, though.. loves to swing and read, we've had a lot of good conversations over Winnie the Pooh.
We have a returning camper who brought her lists of boyfriends (again)... I swear, she's the smartest woman alive. All the guy counselors want to be a #1 on the list (she assigns everyone a 1-3), so she's got them wrapped around her finger.
"Is boyfriend Cam worried about my blood sugar?"
-"I'm sure boyfriend Cam is."
"What about boyfriend Andrew? Is he going to make me laugh later?"
- "I assume so."
"Yep. He's going to make me laugh." ::giggles::
Dear Crafty is back, amazing as ever. We're at the "yes, dear" stage... after living together for six weeks, we just throw pillows at each other to wake each other up.
"Crafty, it's time to wake up."
- "I know it, sweetheart."
Crafty: "You come here, young lady. I'm your camper, you need to listen."
She's a hoot. We fell asleep on the bus napping on each others' shoulders on the way back from horseback riding. I woke up to her nudging me and saying in her scruffy voice, "It's time to wake up, dear."
(at this point in my journal is a note from Crafty:)
Briegt:
I love you. Cabin eleven is the best. Play Grease. Come to Greer.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment