Saturday, August 4, 2007

the day i had to start a new journal, i had journaled so much..

7/24/07

So I went through an ENTIRE journal in 7 weeks of ccamp. I guess that goes to show how vibrant this place is.

Tonight was good -- really good. Learning a lot about the campers... nonverbal campers.. which is always challenging and exciting. And we had fruit salad for dinner. Real fruit. It was incredible.

One of the older camper workers cracks me up.. he's in a cabin of young boys with downs this week, and I keep seeing him chasing after them and dragging them around when they're getting out of line. And he insists on "lifeguarding" at the pool. And he goes out jogging every night with his counselor... he walks until he sees a pack of people, then he takes of running to show off.. and the counselor is chasing after him the whole time with a flashlight. Quite a sight.

No comments: