
7/24/07
I can't believe it's the second to last week of camp already. At first I was disappointed because a lot of the campers I got close to this summer are coming back and are in a different cabin, but after meeting the girls in our cabin, I knew it will be an amazing week.
We've got a full cabin, but I know they'll be a lot of fun. Crafy is back, as is our camper who repeats everything you say and then some.. "Yes, I would like to go to the canteen at 8:30 and eat an icecream cone, I would. Yes I would." And we've got a few campers that are extremely high functioning and always up to something. It's going to be fun.
I can't believe Al's birthday is coming up (my roomie at FU)... we're getting so old! Just a side note ;)
One of the older campers in Cabin 20 keeps going around singing "WHAT'S YOUR NAME... CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK..." so I tried to tell him I'd rather him buy me a pupppy. So now when he sees me he keeps saying "WHATS YOUR NAME... CAN I BUY YOU A PUPPY." Or he'll start naming drinks. Sang to someone that he wanted to buy her red wine.
Reminds me of the camper who insisted on going to the canteen and trying to order vodka. The puppy is an improvement, I suppose.
This past weekend was fun.. my last truly nomadic weekend of the summer. Friday Cory and I grilled out with some of his friends, ahad a great time.... went to the zoo in Columbia on Saturday with some of the counselros and had a BLAST... saw rednecked walabees, took funny pictures... got back and went out to Liberty for dinner with a ton of really really fun people. Sunday watched the British Open and napped (sometimes at the same time), went to church twice, learned a bit about poker, and fell asleep again trying to finish the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. It's hilarious, I'm just tired. :)
Working at camp is making me double-think my plans for the fall -- I think I'm going to drop a big extracurricular to make time to keep working with the camper-population in Greenville. Which is huge for me. But after a lot of discernment, I think it's what God is calling me to do. So prayers would be appreciated :)
I can't believe it's the second to last week of camp already. At first I was disappointed because a lot of the campers I got close to this summer are coming back and are in a different cabin, but after meeting the girls in our cabin, I knew it will be an amazing week.
We've got a full cabin, but I know they'll be a lot of fun. Crafy is back, as is our camper who repeats everything you say and then some.. "Yes, I would like to go to the canteen at 8:30 and eat an icecream cone, I would. Yes I would." And we've got a few campers that are extremely high functioning and always up to something. It's going to be fun.
I can't believe Al's birthday is coming up (my roomie at FU)... we're getting so old! Just a side note ;)
One of the older campers in Cabin 20 keeps going around singing "WHAT'S YOUR NAME... CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK..." so I tried to tell him I'd rather him buy me a pupppy. So now when he sees me he keeps saying "WHATS YOUR NAME... CAN I BUY YOU A PUPPY." Or he'll start naming drinks. Sang to someone that he wanted to buy her red wine.
Reminds me of the camper who insisted on going to the canteen and trying to order vodka. The puppy is an improvement, I suppose.
This past weekend was fun.. my last truly nomadic weekend of the summer. Friday Cory and I grilled out with some of his friends, ahad a great time.... went to the zoo in Columbia on Saturday with some of the counselros and had a BLAST... saw rednecked walabees, took funny pictures... got back and went out to Liberty for dinner with a ton of really really fun people. Sunday watched the British Open and napped (sometimes at the same time), went to church twice, learned a bit about poker, and fell asleep again trying to finish the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. It's hilarious, I'm just tired. :)
Working at camp is making me double-think my plans for the fall -- I think I'm going to drop a big extracurricular to make time to keep working with the camper-population in Greenville. Which is huge for me. But after a lot of discernment, I think it's what God is calling me to do. So prayers would be appreciated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment