7/11/07
Today got frustrating, but God blessed me with so many rewarding and beautiful reminders of why I'm here. They made my heart joyful. If only I could be joyful without the reminders. Bah pride.
First, I watched a young boy who is blind and wheelchair bound get out of his chair and do the cablewalk across the river. Amazing.
The fingerpainting queen wowed me witharts and crafts again. We're becomming riends -- she'll mess with my hair or tickle me if I'm not paying her attention. And another one of our campers who used to be terrified of horses went horseback riding...
- "I didn't think I had it in me!"
I had a rough conversation with another camper tonight, though.. heartbreaking. She was eating a 100-cal pack of goldfish and told me it was because she's fat.
- "I'm 200 pounds"
- "But you're beautiful"
- "No."
- "But yo're beautiful. It doesn't matter how much you weigh. You're beautiful."
- "No. I'm fat."
I guess we'll work on it tomorrow. I don't know.. bonding with the girls makes their hearts wear on mine a bit, if that makes sense. I'm realizing how much I'm learning to love them.
A few of the campers and I went driving around on the Bobcat and had a blast.. I let one of our campers (I'll call her Crafty.. we've become really close, she's in our cabin every week) help me steer... so she was "oh-my-Lord"-ing the whole way.
These girls are amazing!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment