7/14/07
Another weekend of Greer.. so much fun.
Friday we went to Thaicoon, and a lot of counselors came who we don't always hang out with out of camp, which was awesome. I'm loving spending time with the Bob Jones' students and grads.. slowly breaking down all of the stereotypes. It's good.
"Watermelon" (one of our beloved campers) called Russell 20 times during lunch, breathed into the phone, then hung up. Finally I answered the phone and I think it caught him off guard....
"WHERE YOU AT?.... WHO YOU WITH?... WHY YOU WITH HIM?..."
Friday night I went out with Andrew and Cory, and we learned at trivia that the top two watched sports in the US are NFL and NASCAR.
NASCAR.
No joke. Anyone else find that offensive?
On our way back, Kelly's car broke down so we went to see what was up. Cory told her that her front tires were on the back and the back on the front, and Andrew told her she needed new headlight fluid. They're mean guys.
Saturday I went out to lunch with some of the counselors and Watermelon and one of the counselors brothers.... Zaxby's will never be the same. Afterwards we went to Walmart and just walked around and played in the toy department. It was one of the most fun afternoons I've had in a looong time.
Ran errands, went out to dinner with some Furmanites at Chicora Ally, hit up Liberty for dessert, saw half of Pi Kapp working there...
It's interesting bouncing back and forth between camp life and furman life... I'm realizing how little I really need to be happy... the ritz and the propriety just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. I'm happiest sitting on my cabin's front porch eating twizzlers and watching Caddyshack under the stars. In my beach chair. Under my comforter. (It's quite a sight)
No comments:
Post a Comment