Sunday, May 13, 2007

bikers and bikinis

Three cheers for Myrtle Beach!!

Beach Weekend was absolutely amazing... night one I was completely overwhelmed. I think I could count the number of sober people there on my hands. Still amazing though.. it wasn't a drunken orgy, everyone was just having a good, chill time. Couple drama here and there, but that's to be expected with a hotel and tequila.

The ride up was entertaining -- I love my sisters... and spending some time with Meggie was really fun. Her GPS system was in German, which made actually finding Myrtle Beach an adventure... by the end of it the poor little swiss miss was being told to "shuten-ze-upen." We tried to stop at Krispy Kreme, but they didn't have enough donuts to fulfil Ann's every desire :) ...

Thursday night was TJ's 21st birthday, so a group of us headed out to Hard Rock Cafe. Soo much fun... got to hear about TJ's childhood (great story about him locking himself in a bathroom for 6 hours) and Sharkey's financial youth (very George Washington-esque).. then it was back to the hotel for some late night hot tubs and lazy rivers and beach-ness... it was glorious.

Friday morning, I was up. I opened my eyes an hour before my alarm went off, sat up in bed, and just started babbling to the roomsies about going to the beach. I felt like my dog... I know that sounds bizarre, but there's no other way to describe it. Boomer gets this glazed over look and you can tell he's thinking one thing: "BEACH!"

swim suit, check.
peanutbutter and jelly, check.
rasberry lemonade, check.
magazines I never ended up reading because there were so many better things to do, check.
flip flops I would continue to lose throughout the weekend, check.

We got to the beach at 10:15. We beat most of the crew out there, but the ones who beat us were already a bit intoxicated. It was impressing.

Some reoccurring trends I noticed:

- Deep down inside, everyone just wants to be naked.
- The chastity shirt got more use than my sunscreen.
- Princess cups are a fashion statement.
- Bikers don't stop for pedestrians.
- My Pretty Pony kites are so in right now.
- 4pm is naked time.
- It's four o'clock somewhere.
- Faulkner's novel titles is a perfectly acceptable topic of drunk elevator conversation.
- Every good argument ends with someone busting out a Bible.
- After 2am, beach bums pair of like it's Noah's Ark.
- Shells are sharp.
- Pizzas are sometimes delivered by 50-year-old women.
- Who needs money when you could pay with a lap dance?
- Peanuts bounce off boobs like springboards.
- Russell has horrible aim.
- Deltas like boob tag. "How do you like dem deltas?"
- Never leave clothes you value on a 8th story balcony.
- GPS systems can sprechenzie Deutsch...
- Some songs never get old to some people.
- "Some people" does not refer to "all people"
- Pajamas are fratty. I say so.
- Occasionally, you can get kicked out of a room for being sober.
- Blue really does exist.
- If you leave your lawn chair in the hallway, it could end up in an elevator.
- Elevators can fit 5 lawn chairs, 2 coolers, 5 drunks, and ipod speakers.
- If you party sitting down in an elevator, you still move.
- MASH is the best game ever.
- There's nothing like a theological walk on the beach.
- Fish will happily eat fried flounder. Canibalism at its finest.
- Fireworks are beautiful.
- If I marry Ryan, we will have two labs... apparently.
- Sunburns itch.
- "No shoes, no shirt, no problem..." is, in fact, a problem.
- Being poked in the belly button does not, in fact, impregnate you.
- Nalgenes are not flotation devices.
- Speedos are tiny but man thongs are tinier.
- Some people just never grow out of pushing every button on an elevator... every time.
- Blue likes buttons.
- Jelly and beds is a bad combination.
- It's never too soon to comment on a facebook picture.
- Boob tag confuses the bejeebies out of boys.
- Drunk boys like beer pong.
- When no beer pong table is available, drunk boys will make their own with available materials.
- Dresser drawers can be flipped over to create suitable beer pong surfaces.
- I really do like long walks on the beach.
- Time really does fly when you're having fun.
- "Tropical Storm" is such a loose term.
- I love cigar smoke.
- Oceans inspire prayer.
- I have conquered my battle with awkwardness.
- Russell has not conquered Mandy.
- The boys who make up Pi Kappa Phi are incredible individuals.
- Said boys are also unpredictable and confusing.
- Bikers don't respond well to Phantom of the Opera.
- Parking garages have great acoustics.
- You can never have too many donuts.
- Krispy Kreme does, in fact, occasionally run out of donuts.
- Practical jokes are almost always funny.
- Telling a drunk person that their long awaited pizza has arrived and handing them an empty box will initially excite them.
- Pizza boxes have sharp edges.
- Music can be orgasmic.
- Myrtle Beach Biker / Beach Weekend is not a family friendly atmosphere.
- Pre-teens should not know how to booty dance.
- Floating on a raft is merely a suggestion.
- Hot tubs and sunburns are a bad combination.
- If you stick 10 FU kids in a hotel room with alcohol, feminist debates are inevitable.
- Skinny dipping in the surf is a plan for disaster.
- My sisters are beautiful and wonderful.
- Britney and Justin are still alive in ipods across the country.
- You don't have to drink to have a good time.
- Let people surprise you.
- Let God surprise you.
- My babies will still not wear two pieces.. I don't care what Apple and Heidi are doing.
- Be honest at all times.
- Being honest doesn't require saying what you're thinking.
- Shaking vodka and sprite and then flipping open the lid is a bad plan.
- Vodka burns when it's up your nose.
- Don't do dumb things twice.
- "I've got music, I've got rhythm, I've got hairy legs..."
- The tequila fairy comes at night and throws parties... big ones.
- I dominate foam sword dueling.
- Always turn right at the Lutheran church.
- Furman kids are everywhere. Even at Wendy's at detours of detours.
- Our baby deltas are awesome.
- Not all piers have homeless people under them.
- My close friends all enjoy being naked far too much.
- I crush like a 12-year-old.
- I have the most wonderful friends in the world. They may be crazy, but I was incredibly blessed to be able to spend time with some of the most genuine, compassionate, and friendly people I've ever met. They're all different, but that's what makes them... them. So carpe diem, Beach Weeekend 2007! You were truly a weekend to remember.

more to come when I'm not so sleepy...

No comments: