Monday, May 7, 2007

prayer

So... I love my big :)

She did an incredible devo at chapter tonight about the universality of prayer. She said something along the lines of "we all pray in different ways but we're all praying for the same thing" ... we really are.

With the Spearhead stuff on my mind, I've been doing a lot of soul searching about why I'm doing this, what I want to get out of it, how its going to go... so I'm sitting here thinking about it and Russell and Al start talking about Terry Schaivo... ugh.

Theology of the Body...

I don't know, it all goes back to dignity of life. It frustrates me so much when people place value on life based on how that life contributes to society. That's not what it's about... productivity has nothing to do with our dignity. Yes, we should live fruitful lives, but just because we have something standing in the way.. self-imposed or otherwise.. doesn't mean we're worthless. Impeding our ability to glorify God (lazieness, sloth, drunkenness, whathaveyou) is a horrible plan, but some people have natural impediments... those don't decrease their worth one bit. In fact, if you look at the abilities of a person with severe mental disabilities, they may be using their abilities more fruitfully than someone without disabilities.

That probably makes no sense.

Basically, it's the whole "if you got it, flaunt it" thing... ha. Horrible analogy.

Lighter note... little snipets of love I've picked up from the futon-'o-love.

"I'm your venus, I'm your fire. Your desire." --"Herbal in the shower for another half an hour, she's got the urge."

"I melted your frustration like a popsicle on a hot summer's day."

... glad to see theres still love in the world.

No comments: