So, housing could really write back now.See, here's the deal. Long story short, I was walking to brunch on Sunday when a group of tourists stopped me. They had a cute little baby duck that they had rescued from snapping turtles. The poor duckling's brother had been eaten already and its parents had fled, so it was an orphan. They tried to put it with the other ducks, but he wasn't accepted. So I agreed to find the duckling a home.
Hannah called the animal rescue places for me, but none of them were open on Sunday. So I kept the duckling in a laundry basket with a heat lamp, brought him inside when it got cold, brought him back outside when it was warm, and had Hannah take him to the shelter after class the next day.
Hannah called the animal rescue places for me, but none of them were open on Sunday. So I kept the duckling in a laundry basket with a heat lamp, brought him inside when it got cold, brought him back outside when it was warm, and had Hannah take him to the shelter after class the next day.

Housing fined me $200.
So... I appealed the fine, and now housing says they don't have time to respond to my appeal for awhile because of the housing lottery.
Let me get this straight... they give me 48 hours to appeal a ridiculous citation, and then they don't have time to respond to the appeal? I'm surprised they had time to fine me. Oh wait, it's Furman. Furman spent more money on a swan than maintenance of Geer. So they need to charge me for saving a duckling (it had to be under the heat lamp -- he was only 2 days old according to the animal rescue lady!) so that they can buy more ducks.
That makes more sense.
Okay, so I sent housing an e-mail and they just wrote me back (mid-whine)... because I found the duck a home in a timely manor and had the best intentions of the duck in mind, they accepted the appeal.
HOORAY!
(three cheers for the irony of this post... I would delete it, but it just goes to show that I should shut up and trust God once in awhile. imagine that.)
(three cheers for the irony of this post... I would delete it, but it just goes to show that I should shut up and trust God once in awhile. imagine that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment