Thursday, May 24, 2007

Summer

When the rose garden blooms, you know it's almost summer.

The roses today are fantastic... the garden is fully bloomed with colors I don't know that I've ever seen before. Some of the roses were this fantastic peachy pink color... incredible. They were pruning the hot pink ones when we walked by, so I was "that girl" who gathered all of the roses I could find and brought them back to her room. Er... I mean, Fernando did it. We checked mail and Jessie got a box of incredible chocolate covered strawberries. Love is in the air at Furman lol.

Something is changing in my heart this week. I think I'm ADD when it comes to desires... I get distracted from God far too easily, then I bound back to Him with more fervor than before. While cutting back on prayer is never a good thing, returning to Him sure is an incredible feeling.

I was talking to the rooms today about the "whatever-it-is" that just feels different right now, and I think its about 50% independence, 50% adventure. I didn't hold back this term -- I carpe-d the proverbial diem, if you will. I feel like I ran a marathon this year, and I'm still catching my breath. It's exhilerating, but I'm ready for a nap :).

These final days of school should be interesting... my exams arent until Monday and Tuesday, but this weekend will be filled with little opportuities for adventure, so I need to get some studying done today and tomorrow. Saturday is Sr. Rebecca's coming home party, so some of my friends from home will be up here, which will be fun. Sunday I was going to go to a concert, but I'm not sure if that's still on. Regardless, people will be out and about trying to enjoy their last few nights here, so I'm sure there will be plenty distractions from exams.

Tuesday I go home (yay!)... I still haven't figured out if all my stuff will actually fit in my car, though. I have some shelves that I'm pretty sure will give me a hard time. And I think we're leaving Mongo at the Manor until I come back up for camp. Hopefully he'll live... I told some people at lunch that I was afraid he'd end up swimming in vodka, then we all decided that no one would waste vodka on Mongo... and someone mumbled something about how urine is a replenishable resource... so I'm a little worried. Maybe some time with the guys will be good for our immasculated buddy, though... in all of his pink tank glory. At least he's blue?

On a random note... I want a spiritual director. I don't have one. Probably because I don't have a parrish. But the good news is on-campus Mass is being moved to 6:30, which is AWESOME. I might still have to leave a few minutes early to get to OC by 7:40, but it's far better than not getting to go on campus at all. It's no fun just being part of the community on Wednesdays. Hooray!

Okay, so agenda for the day ... dinner, budgeting/ordering/packing for the summer, spiritual reading, coffee, studying... sleep! Ooh, yes. I'm going to sleep tonight. That sounds like fun.

No comments: