Tuesday, May 15, 2007

top five preschool pickup lines

It's crunch time, kids.

I've been really super lucky this term -- I'm underloading because I had mono, and I'm inactive on most of my extracurriculars for the same reason. As a result, I have no excuse to procrastinate -- I far too often find myself frollicking in a field rather than staying up late with James B. Duke.

Yet the stress of the end of the semester couldn't even escape slacker me.

I have a really big test friday and two huge research papers due Wednesday, not to mention Augustine's City of God to read (nothing like a little 1000 pg light reading lol). It's a little insane, but not nearly as bad as in years past. Delta stuff is out of control though, and Push week keeps things hopping. Informal and Formal this weekend will put a abit of a time crunch on weekend productivity.

Luckily, I'm geekily obsessed with my classes. I've raved about "Augustine class" (aka Grieser's Christian Thought) on here before, but my Human Development psych class isn't too shabby, either. It's a whole lot easier than other psych classes at Furman too, which is nice. Our upcoming project/paper involved going to the Childhood Development Center and doing naturalistic observations on a topic of our choice. Our group chose to explore group entry techniques and shifts in trends of play in 3-5 year olds by age and gender. For our presentation of our research, we decided to showcase the "Top 10 Preschool Pickup Lines" for a little entertainment. I thought I'd post a few on here... they're pretty funny. And all legit. And most were said by children of our professors. Que fantastico!

"Excuse me, I'm going to be the princess."
"I'm a fierce buffalo."
::crashed a wagon into a tree::
"I see London, I see France..."
"I've got a magic wand."

... if only life were still so simple. :)

No comments: