Friday, May 18, 2007

stressless

I realized something really incredible last night.

I had a huge test today, informal/formal on the horizon, a dozen extracurricular things to do (apparently being inactive has worn off...), lots of stuff going through my head...but last night, somehow, I wasn't stressed!

Allow me to paint the picture of Bridgette of Years Past: I used to get shingles when I stressed out. I'd outdo myself, get 3 hours of sleep a night, pump myself up on caffiene, and get on with it. Exam week was a scary time for my loved ones, to say the least.

Maybe this little revelation doesn't sound too exciting to the outsider... but for me, this is HUGE. I'm finally getting myself in a mental routine that is healthy for my lifestyle. I took 2 huge study breaks last night, totally put the exam out of my mind, came back to the books when I was ready (oddly, they don't go anywhere when you leave them... they sit there patiently and wait), napped, prayed, decorated cookies, helped buy a pi kapp, listened to Phantom 5 times through (okay, so maybe that isn't healthy...)... and viola! The exam is over, and I'm still alive.

...and I'm happy? Such a new concept for me during school stress. It's amazing -- you can be happy and love Jesus and get good grades (and even procrastinate...).

"Have patience with all things,
but chiefly have patience with yourself."
Saint Francis De Sales

No comments: