Today was a little bit insane. Then again, any day including a nun party is going to be a little insane.
Yep, nun party.
So Sr. Rebecca came home for her postulant home visit... and she is beautiful as ever. Absolutely glowing, totally happy -- she's more herself now than ever. I think that's a sign of a good vocational match, no?
Flipping through albums of her entry was emotional... especially "before and after" pics of her literally walking into the convent in a white skirt, orange shirt, and flip flops... then in her black and white pilgrim-esque postulant garb. Sr. Maris Stella told a funny story about sitting on a plane in her postulant outfit and a guy making a pilgrim comment. Oh, KTV.
One of the girls who helped out at my youth group, Jennifer, married another guy that worked with us, Joe. And Jennifer and Joe were both there.. but Jennifer was pregnant. PREGNANT. Talk about sensory overload... it was absolutlely insane. Like... she looks so different. She's a mom. He's a dad. Rebecca's a nun.
Eep!?!
It's amazing how much can change in a year. It doesn't take long for a life to get turned around or upside down or this way or that way... when we let Him, God can really get us through a lot of adventures.
Kind of makes me wonder where I'll be in a year. I doubt I'll be a nun or pregnant lol... but I never thought I'd be where I am now a year ago. I wish I had done a few things differently, though -- I really do. But hey... that's what the next year is for, right?
Ooh... strange connection though. Was at a friend's apartment last night (only sober one there I think -- three cheers for me!) and they asked why I was leaving and I said it was because I had a nun party to go to and the guy I was talking to was like "oh, I know a girl who was becomming a nun in high school" and turns out it was my friend who joined a few years ago! And he was friends with Joe (whose having the baby)'s sister... and Rebecca might have been there when he was. So totally bizarre.
Bizarre coincidence #2... Sr. Rebecca's mom is a special ed teacher and she said she always sends kids to Spearhead.. she even takes kids there if they don't have families to drive them. So I think we're going to keep in touch ;).. she may come to visit this summer!!
What a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment