Monday, May 14, 2007

give a little bit

Soooooo about that whole "school" thing.

I'm already in summer mode.

Classes are picking up, formal is this weekend, it's War of the Roses week... Furman life is insane. And occassionally, God humors me by tossing me a handful of awkward situations and letting me trudge through them. Today has been one of those days. It reminds me when we went on road trips when we were kids and mom would try to get us to read in the car. We didn't really want to, it made me a little sick, but it was ultimately good for us.

I'm assuming painfully awkward situations are good for me, too.

If nothing else, a healthy dose of insanity reminds me how much I have to rely on God to survive. We talked today in Augustine class about angels and the choice to turn to God or to ourselves in times of need, and how we have the luxury of making that choice moment by moment. It's humbling to realize how often I turn towards myself in times of crisis rather than towards the One Person who can actually make it better. I can't make that little pit in my stomach go away, but He can.

Isn't He glorious?

No comments: