So I put up a post earlier but I deleted it because life changed far too quickly. Because my belief in God outweighs my belief in irony, I'm going to humor the Lord and give Him the point for today. *ding* . Round 2 complete.
Packing is daunting. My little car is not going to fit all of this stuff. My dad said that I should just take everything out of the bins and literally dump it into the car so that it fills up more closely. I think he's nuts... but the point is it WILL all fit. And I'm going to the storage unit with Ann in like 3 hours to see if there's room there for a few things.
Tonight was amazing... Monterreys and margarita date with the roommates was the perfect start. I don't know, I went into "Bridgette land" while we were sitting there, and I kept thinking about how different we all are -- it's fantastic. Our faiths, our families, our hometowns, our backgrounds -- we balance each other out like nothing else. I think that's something I've realized a lot this year -- my friends in high school were just like me, but my friends now are so different. We're not talking political party different, either... we genuinely differ in lifestyles, backgrounds, morality, faith. The difference is, though, that we appreciate those differences more than I think I ever did with my friends in high school. Better yet, I've learened to appreciate the little differences in my high school friends, too. Better late than never.
Kind of an interesting night after that -- went out to the Manor for the "last huzzah" after exams... soooo much fun. Lots of goofy dancing, Queen-singing, and puppy cuddling. No, really. There's a little baby chocolate lab puppy at the Manor ... sweetest dog I've ever met. She was super sleepy so she napped on the couch, and I got super sleepy so I curled up with her.. and she put her schnoz on my arm and curled up. I got to ride in a car with her, too -- and she came right up to me and curled up in my lap.
Only at the Manor can I take a nap with a puppy in the middle of a party :).
So my big thing tonight.. I read through my other blog (the now-private one from winter term onward) and I read a few posts that sounded awfully familiar to situations that I'm still in now. And my goals are the same and my frustrations are the same.... Now, with most things I have grown a whole lot this year. BUT I could have written some of those posts yesterday. While my outlooks on these situations have changed, my basic instinctual response is the same. WHY?
I know that old habits die hard, but shouldn't God make virtue a bit easier to attain? :)
Some quotes to explain my thoughts today:
"The good Lord will give you grace and his Holy Spirit and He will bless your humility; but I wish you would learn to love the cross with all your heart, in whatever form or manner it comes."
Blessed Maria Teresa of St. Joseph
"One must pass through the desert and spend some time there in order to receive the grace of God; it is there that one empties oneself, that one drives away from oneself everything which is not God and that one empties completely the house of one's soul in order to leave all of it to God alone."
Blessed Charles de Foucald
"It doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. and how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. and you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little peices of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade."
-Iris, The Holiday
Last night in a dorm ever!!!! GOODNIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment